I was reading a humorous article about Barbie dolls (as one does) and linked to the author’s website. She provided some favorite recipes, which seems normal enough, until I started reading one. I hope she never ever writes a cook book.
My favorite parts:
- The small bowl of butter (I wanted to use my biggest bowl. Darn.) and the bowl of cheese. Cheese (from the bowl?) is mention in two different steps. What kind of cheese? She’s not saying. Figure it out yourself, like she did!
- An oven is listed as an ingredient. If you don’t have one, back away from the website.
- This recipe only calls for 2 green beans. Filling.
- Frying carrots in a “vessel”. Seems like a pan would be a good choice for frying, but she doesn’t want to be dictatorial. Pick a vessel, any vessel.
- Melting the [bowl of] cheese on the fried veggies should cause a nice solid mess. Good luck pouring it into the baking dish of undetermined size in a later step.
- The whole mess gets cooked in an oven “over medium flame.” I am calling her bluff. She doesn’t even own an oven.
Here’s a screen print of the full recipe. Do let me know how it turns out. I’d rather gnaw on dog treats.