My friend Andrea entered a contest to make a video for the Jonathan Coulton song “I Feel Fantastic” over at the PopSci (Popular Science) blog. She is not an animator, and I actually helped her out a smidge by forwarding a list of Mac animation software links. This is my only claim to fame related to her endevor.
She won the contest, and her fabulously fantastic video is available on YouTube.
I was at Target tonight, you know, because that’s where I live, looking at some fans for the house. We need one for our spare bedroom (which is not so spare when my step kids are visiting) so I was checking prices on some. A woman who was browsing with a male companion approached me and said “excuse me, do you have any box fans?”
Me: “I’m sorry?”
Her: “Do you have any box fans?”
Me: “Me personally? No. I, uh, don’t work here.”
Her: “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry!”
My shirt wasn’t even really red, more brick-ish. Sheesh.
So now I’m thinking I should get a real red shirt, have a nametag made up, and wander the aisles or Target giving bad advice.
The background on this is actually little white rocks, but the depth of field makes it look like marble or something like it. Maybe a snow drift. Okay, maybe not.
You are not going to be able to read about a few things here today because I am not going to write about them. If you came here to read up on these topics, I’m truly sorry. Maybe next week I will want to write about them, but for now, I will not.
- My favorite knock-knock jokes that involve dwowning
- Why I prefer ketchup on my roast beef sandwich
- The benefits of salt
- My favorite air drumming songs
- Why a blue pen is better than a black one
- Paris Hilton’s prison-issued underwear woes
- How often the 1920 Girl Scout handbook says you should wash your hair
- The horror of watching your 3rd grader become a 4th grader overnight
- Why mentioning Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan is only good for attracting random visitors but not your loyal readers who prefer, say, Fred Mertz prison jokes
- Suggestions for how to weed through all the coffee cups you have received at trade shows to keep the number under 8
- Words I can make from my phone number(s)
- Things Mr. Dump won’t be getting for fathers day
I’m sorry I’m not going to be talking about those things. Maybe if you all feel very strongly about one or more of them, you can convince me to cover the topic. Otherwise, tough it out, people.