Posted in Uncategorized

Blogger Is Annoying

Blogger ate half of my template tonight. Mr. Dump is sitting and waiting for me to post a message freaking out and giving them the big stink-eye. All I tried to do is correct a spelling error on my previous post, and all of a sudden my web site was just displaying a single line of broken code.

Do you know how hard it is to piece together a template that you haven’t backed up in 7 months? No? Well I do.



6 thoughts on “Blogger Is Annoying

  1. Oh my gosh, what a pain. The thing is, I can recreate a lot of it just by viewing the current page on my site, but because I had republished with the broken template, it wasn’t out there to use. Plus you are then missing the part of the template that has the blogger-specific code. This has prompted me to actually revise my templates so that it uses an external style sheet and include files, the way the template on my new site works. That way there’s only a little piece of blogger content in the blogger database.

  2. I don’t know that it was them. It could have been me. It is much easier to blame them, however. I had been updating my template, but I thought I published it fine (although it was kind of stuck for a while and wouldn’t publish). I went to change text in a specific entry, and after I published the new post, THAT’S when I saw that the template was down to about 1/3 of the code that should have been there. I may have done it by accident, so no, I won’t be going after anybody.

Comments are closed.