I just wrote a really intense and scholarly sentence to start this paragraph but I erased it because I am about to talk about Gilligan’s Island and I don’t think you can use intense and scholarly sentences to talk about Gilligan’s Island. It forms a black hole that sucks all matter into itself and then you can’t talk about Gilligan’s Island any more. And I don’t want to be in that kind of world.
So I’m sitting here, eating leftover snack foods from our trip to the movies yesterday (more on that later) and pondering the meaning of life. That happened after I wandered through the back yard with a shovel picking up dog crap. Dog crap makes you ponder the meaning of life. It also makes you ponder why you didn’t pick it up while there was still snow on the ground because, dayam, it would have been MUCH easier to do on the snow.
So anyway, what I was thinking about it my favorite moments from Gilligan’s Island. The scenes that I consider the best. In no particular order, I give you:
- When they were sitting there dialing the phone trying to call someone for help. I’m not sure why they were dialing random numbers, but I guess all that time on the island had given them all phone number amnesia.
- When Gilligan is flying around with the jet pack. That’s cool. Jet packs are cool.
- When they were all bad guys/spies and the makeup compact and the soup ladle were communications devices, and Gilligan had the special lip protectors so the poison lipstick couldn’t hurt him. That episode rocked.
- Radioactive veggie seeds. So many different reasons this one rocks, there isn’t enough room to list them all.
- The episode where they make the silent movie. The image that sticks in my head is when the tripod holding the camera sinks lower and lower and they all just crouch down to stay on camera.
And your favorites?