Gotcher snackfoods? How about a little something to drink?
This year, instead of staying home and drinking 5 bottles of champagne by myself (okay, I was just testing a little from each, remember?) I’m going to a party at my sister’s neighbor’s house. I’m somebody!
If you’re going to drink, don’t drive. Just don’t. Don’t be stupid, either. Okay? Okay!
I don’t “do” New Year’s Resolutions, so I’ll throw a bone to all you A-types and tell you my Old Year’s Resolution. That’s the one I keep from now until January 1st. I resolve to cut down on my parenthetical comments. Starting now.
Okay, the only item I’ve done on the list is good old number four. Tree out the back, floor swept, vacuumed, and swept again (why do we buy a real tree?) and the space in the corner looks good. I will slide the magazine rack in – it matches the LL Bean Fireplace Wood Rack Set my parents got me the year before last (sort of a forged iron thing) and hope for the best with the toys.
I will slowly have a collection of really cool things in my house…one Christmas at a time.
It’s time again for me to share my to do list. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!
1. Sing the Mohegan Sun “Load Letter Paper” song next time the printer at work is empty.
2. Buy some more Aquaphor so I can just leave a tube at work. Enough carrying it back and forth already!
3. Replace all the toothbrushes, and buy extra for guests. Even though we don’t have a lot of guests, I’m impressed that my sister always has extra toothbrushes in the house. You know, in case you have icky breath, I guess.
4. Remove Xmas tree from living room, reclaim space with grown-up stuff (my new magazine rack works) before Junior’s toys see the opening and reproduce into the space like some space-age mold creature. Hey, it could happen.
5. Buy spray to kill space-age mold creatures.
The week between Christmas and the New Year has to be the oddest of the year. I mean, can anyone get themselves into a frenzy of work knowing that
a) a good half the people you normally deal with (if not more) are on vacation, and
b) it’s the 2nd short week in a row?
I worked Friday, so last week was odd just because of that “holiday on a Thursday” thing, but danged if we don’t have that again this week? Ceeeeripes! Now I like a 4 day work week as much as the next person, but I prefer the 4 days to all fall in a row. Call me wacky.
I’m already missing the Christmas music. I told you I would. Junior said we could listen to his Radio Disney Christmas CD in the car the other day, and I didn’t complain. But WXLO, which for some reason is the only station that came in on the car radio this morning, is stuck in some kind of MAJOR RUT, and the songs I heard this morning were the same ones I’ve heard for the past 4 months, no lie. I tried to find another station (DO YOU HEAR THAT, JayBeau?) and while fuzzy, I found one playing a good “MIX” of music, including a Pat Benetar song from the 80s. I think it was Pat Benetar (does she sing “Invincible?”) – and it wasn’t that completely overplayed “Love is a Battlefield”. Would it be so hard for WXLO to actually change the playlist a little more often? Enough of the remake of “Big Yellow Taxi”. ENOUGH.