Gotcher snackfoods? How about a little something to drink?
This year, instead of staying home and drinking 5 bottles of champagne by myself (okay, I was just testing a little from each, remember?) I’m going to a party at my sister’s neighbor’s house. I’m somebody!
If you’re going to drink, don’t drive. Just don’t. Don’t be stupid, either. Okay? Okay!
I don’t “do” New Year’s Resolutions, so I’ll throw a bone to all you A-types and tell you my Old Year’s Resolution. That’s the one I keep from now until January 1st. I resolve to cut down on my parenthetical comments. Starting now.
Okay, the only item I’ve done on the list is good old number four. Tree out the back, floor swept, vacuumed, and swept again (why do we buy a real tree?) and the space in the corner looks good. I will slide the magazine rack in – it matches the LL Bean Fireplace Wood Rack Set my parents got me the year before last (sort of a forged iron thing) and hope for the best with the toys.
I will slowly have a collection of really cool things in my house…one Christmas at a time.
It’s time again for me to share my to do list. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!
1. Sing the Mohegan Sun “Load Letter Paper” song next time the printer at work is empty.
2. Buy some more Aquaphor so I can just leave a tube at work. Enough carrying it back and forth already!
3. Replace all the toothbrushes, and buy extra for guests. Even though we don’t have a lot of guests, I’m impressed that my sister always has extra toothbrushes in the house. You know, in case you have icky breath, I guess.
4. Remove Xmas tree from living room, reclaim space with grown-up stuff (my new magazine rack works) before Junior’s toys see the opening and reproduce into the space like some space-age mold creature. Hey, it could happen.
5. Buy spray to kill space-age mold creatures.