Here are the key points for today’s meeting.
- We weren’t able to find a beard at the dollar store. I know you find that hard to imagine, but I guess there just wasn’t enough room what with all the candles and knick-knacks and whathaveyou. We tried iParty but I’m not paying 8 bucks for my kid to pretend he’s not himself at school. So we’ll just have to leave this experiment on hold for now.
- Interestingly, we ate dinner at my sister’s house last night and we watched Howl’s Moving Castle. One of the characters, Markl, is a young boy who wears a beard when he goes out in the town, and nobody sees past his disguise. We loved this movie, and now that we’ve seen this one and Spirited Away I have put the rest of Hayao Miyazaki’s movies in my Amazon “to buy” basket.
- On the way to work I got to wondering…if I got rear-ended by a cement mixer and all the cement came pouring out on my car, and as I got out it got all over me, my hair, etc., how long would I have before my hair and clothes because encased in cement?
- It’s “Deal or No Deal” night at my house. Jen and Steve (WXLO) interviewed Howie Mandell this morning, and I was thrilled when Steve asked the question I would have asked…Howie did memorize the names of the 26 girls, but they hold the same number case EACH time, so it’s easier to remember them all. I guess I hadn’t paid close enough attention to know that they are always in the same spot. Prior to today, I had hoped that he was just making up names on the fly, because that would be really funny. And now I have to pay closer attention because he has OCD and one of his things is that he doesn’t shake hands with anyone. Interesting problem for a game show host!
- I did go to the Leominster Filene’s yesterday after getting my hair done and picked up a few things from the 80% off rack. Our store is not having a total clearance the way some of the others are. They are selling off the brands they won’t carry as Macy’s, but there is still a lot of regularly priced merchandise available. But I can say I got 2 pair of Lee jeans for six bucks each! Score! (I should go back and get more, eh?)